WORDS BY JULIA O’DOHERTY AND AINE CARLIN
PHOTOGRAPHY BY AINE CARLIN AND JULIA O’DOHERTY
From top left: Ashish finale, Sophia Webster invite, Roksanda Illincic at The Savoy, Meadham Kirchoff collection, Anna Wintour at the Roksanda Illincic show, fridge packed with M&S food, Anya Hindmarch presentation, Simone Rocha accessories on the catwalk, Tanya Ling’s fabulous shoes
After another wonderful season, it’s time to say goodbye…but only until the A/W13 shows.
It’s been another brilliant London Fashion Week with highlights including:
- the theatrical shows – imaginative sets at Meadham Kirchhoff and Anya Hindmarch spring to mind
- beautiful clothes – anyone for Roksanda’s elegant shots of colour?
- finishing touches – we loved the perspex bags and neon-heeled brogues at Simone Rocha
- creative invitations – Sophia Webster welcomed us into her dollshouse and Burberry presented us with a cityscape pop-up
- people watching at Somerset House and beyond – hello Anna!
- delicious food and the most packed fridges we’ve ever seen, courtesy of M&S
- outfit envy and admiration in The Daily’s offices (yes Tanya Ling, we want to steal your fabulous shoes!)
Before we sign off, we’d like to acknowledge all the people who helped make The Daily possible this season and say a big, heartfelt thank you to:
- Marks and Spencer for fuelling the team
- Mercedes Benz UK for ferrying the writers about
- H&M, Cotton USA, McQ, Anya Hindmarch, St Tropez, Fudge, M.A.C. Cosmetics for your support
- Somerset House for our lovely office and being patient with our millions of deliveries
- The Daily team for filling the pages with beautiful content
We’ll return in January 2013 with more behind-the-scenes insights, designer interviews and LFW news. Be sure to look for us then on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and, of course, here. Until then, have a lovely autumn/winter!
Love The Daily team xx